Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
The objective of the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (DET) qualification is intended to develop learners’ understanding of policy, management theory and practice in education. They provide learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals and policy makers in their own country.
They will provide knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective manager in the education sector. They combine both theoretical and practical knowledge in the education profession and will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of leading change, effective performance, planning and accountability, development and team leadership. Learners will be able to work in a variety of roles within education administration and/or management.
QLTSIn order to gain QTLS status you must achieve Level 5 Diploma in Education and training and then seek QTLS status through the Society for Education and Training.
QTLS is a professional status achieved by self-assessment of your teaching experience and practice along with achievement of the OTHM Level 5 (or above) diploma at 120 credits.
Quality, Standards and RecognitionsThe Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
The Education Training Foundation has approved the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training for accreditation. Learners successfully completing this qualification will be eligible to progress to the status of Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS).
This is conferred through a separate and subsequent process called professional formation and is administered by the Society for Education and Training (SET) which is the professional body for those working as teachers and trainers in the sector.
This qualifications is approved and regulated by government regulated body Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) to ensure consistent course quality.
❯ OfQual Qualification Number: 603/6069/0
❯ To view this qualification on OfQual website, please click here
EquivalencesThe Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training qualification is equivalent to the Certificate of Education (CertEd). It is also a good alternative to the Postgraduate Certificate in Education. This Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training will enable you to apply for QTLS status and be a recognised qualified teacher. Teachers with QTLS can also teach in schools.
Qualification structureTo achieve the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training, learners must achieve a minimum of 120 credits;
● 75 credits must be achieved from the mandatory units in Group A, plus
● a minimum of 45 credits from the optional units in Group B.
A minimum of 61 credits must be at Level 5 (therefore a minimum of 6 optional credits must be achieved at level 5) The learner will need to meet the requirements before the certificate can awarded, i.e. achieve the appropriate mandatory and optional units, as well as satisfactorily complete teaching practice.
The Learners must:
● Hold a relevant vocational and/or academic qualification of at least the level above that of their learners and ideally a minimum Level 3 qualification in his/her own area of specialism.
● Have access to 100 teaching practice hours during which learners have full responsibility for planning, delivering and assessing specific area/s of the institution’s provision.
● Minimum core of literacy, language, numeracy and ICT
● Learners must be 19 years old or older at the beginning of the course
English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country, they must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information please email email@example.com
With LSIB you will get following advantage in order to study on-line.
- Same qualification as on-campus students.
- Recognised qualification & accepted by universities for further career progression.
- Assessment is via assignment submission
- You study on-line at your own pace.
Enrol for the most convinient study mode. Learn at your own pace. Choose the most suitable duration mode:
- 6 months
- 9 months
Why select this mode?
- Best suited, if you wish to move at your pace. There are no forceful lectures and compulsory classes to attend.
- Pay in affordable Monthly, half yearly and quarterly instalments.
- Study material or e-library access available.
- Tutor connect via live chat and email
GBP £1250 / GBP £950Apply Now
- Cost effective - Typically UK diploma starts from GBP £3000 per annum, but with online study, you can enjoy saving more than 60% on your educational investment.
- Practical Content - The coursework is immediately applicable to the careers, and you can earn long-term gains including increase in salary and promotions
- Study anytime, anywhere - You don't have to attend a College campus, so you can study from anywhere in the world. You can download & submit assignments.
- Assessments - Assessment is via assignment submission
Learners who are seeking to progress to higher education to take a Bachelor's degree course in Management. Learners could also progress directly to employment.