BA (Hons) in Tourism and Hospitality Management - 36 months
The programme aims to enable learners development as managers within the tourism and hospitality industry, with a lifelong-learning orientation. It enables learners to critically apply contemporary knowledge and theories to the management of complex problems.
The objective of BA (Hons) Tourism and Hospitality Management is to enable learners development as managers within the tourism and hospitality industry, with a lifelong-learning orientation.
It enables learners to critically apply contemporary knowledge and theories to the management of complex problems. Successful completion of this qualification will equip learners with the specialist skills and technical terminology to develop their management skills and to progress to further study or employment.
Learning Outcomes● To understand and apply the principles of management in hospitality and tourism
● Review and apply the principles of business management within the industry
● To understand and apply the principles of management in a specific environment
● To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship between management theories and their practical application in the business world
● Analyse problem solving techniques specific to business and industry
● Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources
● Effectively use verbal and communication skills
● Work independently and as part of a team Manage one’s own personal development and growth
Job and Career prospectsThis programme offers wide range of career paths, here are just a few:
● Holiday representative
● Hotel manager
● Tour manager
● Tourism officer
● Tourist information centre manager
● Travel agency manager
● Conference centre manager
● Customer service manager
● Event manager
● Marketing executive
● Sales executive
● Outdoor activities/education manager
Above list is indicative list and not conclusive.
With LSIB you will get following advantage in order to study on-line.
- Same qualification as on-campus students.
- Recognised qualification & accepted by universities for further career progression.
- Assessment is via assignment submission
- You study on-line at your own pace.
- Cost effective - Typically UK Degree starts from GBP £18000 per annum, but with online study, you can enjoy saving more than 60% on your educational investment.
- Practical Content - The coursework is immediately applicable to the careers, and you can earn long-term gains including increase in salary and promotions
- Study anytime, anywhere - You don't have to attend a College campus, so you can study from anywhere in the world. You can download & submit assignments.
- Assessments - Assessment is via assignment submission
Learners who are seeking to progress to higher education to take a Bachelor's degree course in Management. Learners could also progress directly to employment.